I suppose I should finally reveal the results of my July Camp NaNoWriMo experiment: Total failure.
I was doing all right until things at work took a turn for the stressful, and then it became impossible to write in the evenings. I’m sure you can imagine that it’s hard to be creative when you’re totally drained.
I tried to set myself up for success anyway, by changing my target word count from 50,000 to 15,000. (You can do that in the summer NaNoWriMos.) That goal was well within reach until things at work took a turn for the even-more-stressful and exhausting on top of it. So I wimped out and gave up. I ended up completing a little over 10,000 words.
I’m still hoping to write at least the final scene, which would complete the basic framework. As it turned out, I don’t think the story is deep enough for a full-length novel anyway.
I now have tons of time for writing, but with my day-to-day routine thrown upside down I’m having a hard time scheduling it.
Incidentally the working title for the story is Moving Day, and it is about a man who is transported to a parallel universe.
After finishing up that story I think I will try to work on revisions again.
This would be a great time for someone to approach me about freelance writing work, by the way. :)